D2time Watch Blog
INTRODUCING THE NEW......
16 Jan 2018
Announcing our new logo and look - Big News!
We're releasing an updated brand identity which includes a new logo and font. You'll see the new look anywhere we're out in public, like our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and search engines. Our design goal was to better match how we look to our values and our customers. We believe the new look better matches our business direction to encompass fashion head wear in our product lines.
We hope you like this new look and feel for the new d2time logo! Look out for more updates.
Your D2time team
2 Oct 2017
As an online watch retailer, we are constantly looking for ways we can improve on the service we offer our customers. As a result we are proud to announce the launch of our brand new incentives program to our customers and potential customers through a reward and referral scheme. The points gained from purchases and referrals is redeemable on our website towards discounts to your new timepiece.
We are also going to be regularly updating the product lines every week with offers on some of the most popular models of watches on the trending collection.
COMPETITION AND PROMOTIONS
We will also be running a competition on our facebook page https://en-gb.facebook.com/D2time. We are going to be giving away a watch, either ladies or mens. The model and brand will be confirmed in due course. All you need to do is LIKE and SHARE our Facebook post outlining the competition and when we get 1000 likes we will randomly select a winner and announce the winner on the Facebook Page as well as on our website.
LADIES DRESS WATCHES
30 Sep 2017
Most women love and appreciate watches, especially designer watches. Designer watches highlight the standing as well as character of the wearer. Since most women want to appear trendy and make a statement by her jewellery, then wrist watches are a perfect method to show prestige and standing in front of relatives or friends. It is true that wearing a designer watch has become a symbol of status today.
If you put on a watch every day then it's worth investing in a timepiece that you really love given the cost per wear. That does not mean you need to splurge - take the Michael Kors Darci Collection as an example - delivers standout style without going over the top. A pavé-embellished bezel lends look-at-me flair, while the radiant rose gold-tone bracelet strap renders this timepiece exceptionally elegant available in a quartz movement.... all acknowledging that women feel confident enough these days to make their own decisions when it comes to a proper watch.
CHOOSING THE PERFECT WATCH
25 Jul 2018
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN CHOOSING A WATCH
We can help you choose a luxury and or fashion watch from different price ranges. No watch buying guide will make you an instant watch expert. It has taken years and great effort for us to develop our appreciation and knowledge of timepieces. we hope that through the blogs we can educate yourself on watches and even shape your taste in watches. When choosing a watch you will want to consider when and where you'll wear it not forgetting its functions.
1. Sports Watches
These tend to have a rugged chunkier styling and are designed to operate in challenging environments
- Often feature sub-dials with a stop watch or specialist features like heart monitors or pedometers
- Sturdy design to help withstand physical impact
- High water resistance
2. Luxury Watches
The build quality of these timepieces including labour and materials used reflect the higher price. Most are investment pieces as well as a way of keeping time in style and a show of status
- Often made from sterling silver, gold or platinum with diamond details
- Dials can be made from extravagant materials and may include guilloche or sunburst decorations
- May feature automatic movements or self winding mechanisms to negate the need for batteries and may have functions to track moon phases
- Are for long-term ownership and requires servicing every few years to assure correct operation
3. Fashion Watches
Styling, materials and colours are inspired by current fashion trends and more than often feature various dial shapes and arrangements.
- Price brackets will often be lower than dress watches
- Very affordable to have a few timepieces to co-ordinate with your outfits
- Some don't have numerals and use colourful 'baton' hour markers
4. Dress Watches
Defined by unique and elegant styling and often have an analogue dial in a simple polished steel or gold plated case.
- Are not intended for active/ sporting use
- Offer a classic look to test the test of time
- Often feature roman numerals and provide a classic feel
- Often feature a discreet window for date or stopwatch functions
5. Children's Watches
Generally small and colourful with simple easy to read analogue or digital dials.
- Have a strong build to be able to absorb and withstand everyday knocks
- Easy design to aid with learning to tell the time
1. Quartz (battery)
- Most popular movement in modern watches
- A requirement to change the battery every few years
- Timepieces with quartz movement even the low priced ones keep time more precisely
2. Solar Powered
- Solar powered watches convert light to electricity , which is stored in a battery
- There is never need to replace the battery as long as the watch is looked after
- Have similar workings to a battery-powered watch
3. Automatic (self-winding)
- All automatic watches are wound through the automatic system, by being worn or moved around. They will also always have a manual winding system through the crown of the watch to allow the first setting of the watch and the winding of a watch that has run down or stopped
- The main advantage of an automatic watch is that it should not, unless left unworn and stationary for too long, need to be wound. The fully wound mainspring in a typical watch can store enough energy reserve for two days, meaning that the watch will keep running at night whilst stationary
4. Mechanical (hand-wound)
- A spring inside the watch is wound-up and very gradually releases stored energy
- Does not quite keep time accurately as battery-powered watches and must be wound regularly to keep operational
- Powered by mechanical moving parts
9 Jun 2020
STILL DISPATCHING ORDERSFor all deliveries (UK & INTERNATIONAL), please visit Royal Mail and, or DHL websites for up-to-date shipping information and your local mail services for any disruptions that might occur in your area.
Amid the developing COVID-19 situation we, as a company have continued doing our best to follow government guidelines to remain open and work in a safe environment.
During these unprecedented times, we have continued to fulfil orders to expected delivery times with variant levels of success whilst keeping any disruptions to a minimum. However, along with other businesses, we are experiencing increased levels of employee absence due to illness and self-isolation. Our support staff including customer services teams all work from home.
If you have any questions or assitance with an order, we advise use of emails as the best method of communication rather than telephone
We thank all our valued customers for your continued support, along with our team who are working incredibly hard to ensure we can continue to serve you.
We will continue to keep you updated about safety measures and delivery statuses during these constantly changing times.
Your D2time Team